Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bush fires.

Evening blog readers and what not.

First of all, I'd like to point out the contradiction Australia makes every year. In southern parts of Australia, around this time of year, we experience severe bush fires (as we are now) yet up north there is flash flooding? Get some massive pipes up there and save up all that water, we're in a drought for gods sake.

Moving on, today I've been rather stressed, even though I've been convinced there's no need to be. A 30 000 hectare bush fire has been unleashed about 45 minutes down the road from my house, and as I sit here and type, it is terrorising Australian flora and fauna, not to mention people. The state has gone pretty much into panic mode, as fires break out everywhere, even razing suburban areas.

To check out the fires, go here:

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/DSE/nrenfoe.nsf/LinkView/519C51D981DAE41FCA257257000A5163DC25C965BDA0CAF5CA2573B400013504

I can't help but feel upset over the whole experience, knowing people have suffered and died in the raging flames (Current total: 45 lives lost). I do hope everything is taken under control of ASAP.. And I hope everyone stays safe.


I am Andy.

Currently listening to:
City and Colour - Missing (it's quite appropriate for today)

Currently watching:
The Kite Runner.

Favourite meal:
Chicken schnitzel and chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment