Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finally, family.

Evening blog readers and what not.

Finally, I'm going to post about my family.

My Mum and Dad met in the Army and had 3 children. They divorced when I was 11 months old, and my father left my Mother, two older sisters and I alone. He didn't see us often even though he lived accross the road, and would never look after us for longer than an hour. I was 3 and my Poppa (my Mums Father) got veeeery sick, we decided to go visit him on the train, but we didn't get there in time, he died a few hours before we got there. I don't have any memories of my Poppa, which upsets my Mum because even though when they were younger, he was an alcoholic and used to beat my Mum, Nanna and 3 aunties, she loved him very much. My Nanna was left alone, and it was decided we'd leave Adelaide behind and move up to take care of my Nanna.

We moved to Coffs Harbour, where we lived right on the beach and lived a very quiet life. I didn't see my Dad in the three years I lived there. After Mum worked around 3 jobs and couldn't handle the pressure anymore, she rejoined the Army which ended our life in Coffs Harbour and we were "posted" to Brisbane. (Posted is when an Army officer is given a job and paid to move to that area.) I was 6 when we left.

Once in Brisbane, we lived there for 5 years. I spent the majority of my primary school years there and after about a year there, my Nanna and her "boyfriend", (now husband and my Mum's Stepdad) John, moved just down the road. I went there before and after school and so on. I saw my Dad probably close to 3 times when i lived in Brisbane, one of those times he had work in Brisbane and came to stay at our house. My oldest sister, who was around 15 at the time, star
ted playing up and sneeking out, so she was sent to live with my Dad. By now he had one of his replacement children, Brianna. Carrie lived with my Dad for i think close to 2 years before he built a new house and told Carrie they weren't building a room for her. He also had his second replacement child shortly after that, Callan. Carrie finished high school with us in Brisbane and when she finished school she was 18 and joined the Navy. At the end of that year, she was posted to Melbourne and Mum was posted to Sydney. When Mum announced it, Nicole, the middle child, was not happy. It was organised that my sister Nicole would live in an apartment with my cousin Danni who was 21 at the time. (She had also lived with us for a short while, her mother Annette, my mums younger sister, died when Danni was young.) Mum, Peter (Mums boyfriend, now my Stepfather) and I left for sydney. I was 11.

We arrived in Sydney and I cried my first night there because it was originally planned that Nicole would be coming, and there was a bed made for her in our accomodat
ion. Whilst in Brisbane, i was skipped a grade because when i finished my year 2 work, I'd start year 3 work and so I did year 2 and 3 in one year. So when I had to start school in Sydney, and moving into the new Education System, where year 7 is high school, I was given the choice if I wanted to go into high school or stay back in year 6. I stayed in year 6, I wasn't ready for high scool. We stayed in Sydney for one year, but it was quite evenful. We lived right on the beach, Nicole came and visited with one of her friends and also Mum and Peter got married that year, Carrie, Nicole and I were all part of the service. I didn't see Dad that year I believe, but Mum was unhappy with how the situation with Nicole was working out and told her to come home and to live in Melbourne. Nicole was very unhappy and to spite Mum, moved in with Dad. We were posted to Melbourne which was where Carrie was living, Mum was posted to the same base and everything. I was 12.

The next 4 years weren't very eventful. I didn't meet Callan untill he was 2 and a half and I visited Dad every year for those 4 years, which has made me love my little brother and sister ALOT. I met some amazing people and life was great. Untill i moved to the country.

So thats about it.. I've probably missed something some where. My family is pretty close, I visit my two Aunties, two Uncles, five Cousins, three Siblings, Dad and Stepm
um + her family every christmas.

ANYWAY.
So thats my amazing family and also where i moved? haha.


I am Andy.

Currently listening to:
Will Sturgeon - The Undererv'd.

Currently watching:
Mr. Deeds.

Favourite chocolate sweet:
Turkish delight.. Or Caramello Koala!

No comments:

Post a Comment